This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java patches -vs- mailing lists
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Subject: Re: Java patches -vs- mailing lists
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 21 Jan 2001 18:34:53 -0700
- Cc: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3A6B8677.25A6570C@albatross.co.nz>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
Bryce> 1. Patches for the GCJ compiler (gcc/java) should be sent to
Bryce> both firstname.lastname@example.org and
Bryce> email@example.com (soon to be @gcc.gnu.org?).
I'm planning to do the work to move the web pages and mailing lists
Bryce> 2. Patches for the runtime (libjava, boehm-gc, etc) should go
Bryce> to the java-patches list (only).
This sounds like a good policy to me.
I'm sure sometimes gcj patches (in particular) will get sent only to
gcc-patches (for instance a patch by a non-Java gcc hacker). That's
ok though; I know both Alex and I (at least) monitor that list to some