This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Java patches -vs- mailing lists
- To: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Java patches -vs- mailing lists
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:01:43 +1300
Perhaps this is a good time to restate/update the policy regarding patch
submissions for Java.
I propose the following:
1. Patches for the GCJ compiler (gcc/java) should be sent to both
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (soon to be
@gcc.gnu.org?). Such patches are often of interest to both the Java
crowd and the core GCC crowd, but many of us do not have time to track
both lists on a regular basis, and Java patches often get lost in the
noise on the gcc-patches list. Note that this policy is similar to that
2. Patches for the runtime (libjava, boehm-gc, etc) should go to the
java-patches list (only).
Patches usually shouldn't go to java-discuss, unless perhaps they are a
direct response to a question/thread going on in that list.
[ bryce ]