Re: GCJ Bug accessing field of inner class (gcc version 2.97 20010117)

Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:
> Because it doesn't build on all platforms? Anthony pointed to us
> yesterday that x86/Linux bootstraps and could build by default. I
> tried on PPC/Linux and it worked. I'm guessing Alpha/Linux could work
> too, although it failed when I tried yesterday.

Alpha/Linux has problems with the new ABI.  Simple programs like

public class Hello {
  public static void hello(int n) {
    System.out.println("Hello " + n);
  }
    hello(3);
  }
}

fail because the StringBuffer class somehow inserts two NUL characters.
Something to do with array offsets, I'd guess.  I'll look again if I can
find the time (and if I can tame gdb).

Jeff