This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Weird problems compiling bytecode
- To: edgar at villanueva dot com
- Subject: Re: Weird problems compiling bytecode
- From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:19:24 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: "'java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <3A68D922.D263CE94@home.com>
- Reply-To: apbianco at cygnus dot com
Edgar Villanueva writes:
> I have been successful compiling the .java files but not the .class
> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java: In class `antlr.CppCodeGenerator':
> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java: In method
> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java:1585: Tree check: expected integer_cst, have
> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java:1585: Internal compiler error in
> verify_jvm_instructions, at java/verify.c:966
> Please submit a full bug report.
It seems to be a gcc GC (ggc) issue. get_constant creates nodes and
stores them with a cast into the jcf->cpool.data array. I guess
constants are long lived enough that they can be registered as roots
to be kept around. So the solution would be to register as root all
tree nodes that get assigned to jcf->cpool (it's all happening in
I'll do that later. Thanks for the report.