Re: GCJ Bug accessing field of inner class (gcc version 2.97 20010117)

"Boehm, Hans" wrote:

> The "Out of Memory" message is a warning from inside the garbage collector.
> I believe it means what it says, though that might be caused by an absurdly
> large memory request.  However, this information should also subsequently be
> turned into an exception.  (Ideally, there should be a Java API for turning
> off such warning messages.  Currently, I believe there is only a C level
> API.)

There shouldn't be any large memory requests being generated; my test
program
just assigne one string and one int, in a constructor called only once.

Is there a way to turn off the gcc when compiling with gcj?  I'd like to
see if
that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Barnet