This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Problems compiling with gcj
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Problems compiling with gcj
- From: Mike Harrold <mharrold at cas dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:05:13 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: mharrold at cas dot org (Mike Harrold), java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
> >>>>> "Mike" == Mike Harrold <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Mike> [miko@mah21hpc2 src]$ gcj Test.java
> Mike> Test.java:0: Can't find default package `java.lang'. Check the CLASSPATH environment variable and the access to the archives.
> Mike> 1 error
> This means that gcj can't find (for 2.95) libgcj.zip.
> Did you install libgcj with the same --prefix as gcj?
> If not then that is the problem.
> If so we'll have to look further.
I'd installed libgcj as an RPM (bad idea I guess). I've now
found some (gcc-2.95.2-compatible) source, and will work on
that and see if I can get it to work that way :)