This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Problems compiling with gcj
- To: Mike Harrold <mharrold at cas dot org>
- Subject: Re: Problems compiling with gcj
- From: Jeff Sturm <jeff dot sturm at appnet dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:55:34 -0500
- CC: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200101190348.WAA00107@mah21awu.cas.org>
Mike Harrold wrote:
> [miko@mah21hpc2 src]$ gcj Test.java
> Test.java:0: Can't find default package `java.lang'. Check the CLASSPATH environment variable and the access to the archives.
> 1 error
The 2.95 releases included the compiler frontend but no java runtime.
For that you need libgcj:
Note however this release is unfortunately very out of date. It does
not have a complete Java 1.1 implementation and has significant
limitations. But this is the only release you can use with the 2.95.2
When GCC 3.0 is released (soon, hopefully) it will include a much
improved gcj runtime, and a separate download will no longer be needed.