This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java web pages
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Subject: Re: Java web pages
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:21:56 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, GCC Hackers <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Discuss List <java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> java-announce is like gcc-announce: it is supposed to be low traffic. I'd
> like to see it stay.
However, the traffic levels on gcc-announce are hardly likely to overwhelm
java-announce readers. A fair proportion of gcc-announce traffic has been
about Java anyway - merging the lists would simply be a rationalisation so
that a single subscription would suffice to receive all GCC announcements,
since the volume is hardly enough to need more than one list. (Whereas
the volume of the main gcc and gcc-patches lists has been given as a main
reason why the corresponding libstdc++/java lists should stay separate.)
Should all Java patches be going to gcc-patches as well as java-patches
(similar to the policy with libstdc++)?
Joseph S. Myers