This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java web pages
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Subject: Re: Java web pages
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:28:40 +1300
- CC: tromey at redhat dot com, GCC Hackers <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Discuss List <java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Per Bothner wrote:
> What is the list about?
> (1) Java in general,
> (2) GNU Java in general,
> (3) free/open-source Java in general, or
> (4) specifically about gcj, libgcj and issues related to their
> use and implementation.
> So perhaps "gcj-discuss" or just "gcj" would be better.
> Perhaps "email@example.com" implies that but I think a
> more specific name might be better.
firstname.lastname@example.org is definitely my favorite, but I'd accept email@example.com
as a compromise. The list is really about gcj but in practice (2) and (3)
are often relevant topics, and "java@" just looks better.
Both of these are better than "java-discuss", since the "-discuss" part is
redundant and does imply the wrong thing.
[ bryce ]