This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java web pages
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Java web pages
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Date: 18 Jan 2001 15:56:20 -0800
- Cc: GCC Hackers <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Discuss List <java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Someone (I forgot who, sorry) mentioned renaming the java-discuss
> mailing list to just "java" when moving it. I'm guessing it will be
> easier for me to simply keep the same name. Is there a strong reason
> to rename it?
Well, it depands. What is the list about?
(1) Java in general,
(2) GNU Java in general,
(3) free/open-source Java in general, or
(4) specifically about gcj, libgcj and issues related to their
use and implementation.
The names "java-discuss" and "java" both sound like (1).
In practice the list is actually (4), which I think is fine.
So perhaps "gcj-discuss" or just "gcj" would be better.
Perhaps "email@example.com" implies that but I think a
more specific name might be better.