Re: More bugs with inner classes (was: Freenet compilation errors.)

On 18 Jan 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> >> where -h tells it to make header files too? Also, when dealing with
> >> packages, it is more difficult to deduce the class from the
> >> filename. A feature like this would be very useful.
>
> Alex> Yeah, I think so too. I don't know how hard it is to hack the
> Alex> driver.
>
> Changing gcjh to read source files or to run as part of jc1 would be a
> big job.  Right now gcjh is written explicitly to read .class files.
> Also, it is a very ugly program...
>
> I don't understand the above quote about packages.

Yeah, I was wrong about that. I thought you had to specify the class like
"Freenet.client.Client" but really you just do it like
"Freenet/client/Client", which is endlessly confusing. It would be more
intuitive if you simply used the full filename,
"Freenet/client/Client.class", or the class, "Freenet.client.Client", but
not a combination of the two.

--
Mark Roberts
mjr@statesmean.com