Re: More bugs with inner classes (was: Freenet compilation errors.)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:

> Mark J. Roberts writes:
>
> > The source is included. My bad.
>
> I checked the current version of freenet/Freenet out, I replaced
> transport/tcpConnection.java by what you gave me and I can't reproduce
> the error. I'm running a fairly up to date front-end, which somes
> patches. Is what you gave me the exact command line? Where is it
> running from (what's its wd.)
>
> ./A

I'm running the CVS from a few hours ago, unpatched.

From a clean tree, no .class files:

[root@rm03-24-131-185-22 transport]# gcj -C tcpConnection.java
tcpConnection.java: In class `Freenet.transport.tcpConnection$ConnectThread':
tcpConnection.java: In method `(Freenet.transport.tcpConnection,Freenet.transport.tcpAddress)':
tcpConnection.java:161: Can't find method `finit$()' in type `Freenet.transport.tcpConnection$ConnectThread'. Candidates are:
  `finit$()' in `Freenet.transport.tcpConnection$ConnectThread'
  `Freenet.Connection()' in `Freenet.Connection'.
   }
   ^
1 error
[root@rm03-24-131-185-22 transport]#

I've had no luck making a test case.

If you try to build Core.java or contrib/fproxy/HttpHandlerServlet.java
you will hit the different-packages bug. I have workarounds you'd like.

--
Mark Roberts
mjr@statesmean.com