This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Bugs in gcc bugdatabase and this (java-prs) mailinglist
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- Subject: Re: Bugs in gcc bugdatabase and this (java-prs) mailinglist
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:42:18 +1300
- CC: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20010117173354.A10799@klomp.org>
Mark Wielaard wrote:
> It seems that bugs that go into the gcc gnats database with category
> java or libgcj go to this (java-prs) mailinglist but replies to those bugs
> go only to the gcc-prs mailinglist.
This annoys me to. Tom told me he was going to look into it.
> Maybe the categories are a bit misleading.
> There is a category java which seems to be only for gcj compiler bugs.
> And there is a category libgcj but the directory in the gcc source tree
> is called libjava. Maybe they could be named "gcj compiler" and "libjava"?
> Since now some bugs are filed against "java" which should be filed against
Agreed. I don't know if it would be easy to change, though. Maybe it would be
easier to add a small note to the bug submission page.
> There is a bug #1685 that is in category c++ but which is really a libgcj
> bug report. How do I change the category?
You need to log in, edit the PR, and use the "category" drop down box. Worked
[ bryce ]