This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc
- To: jeff dot sturm at commerceone dot com
- Subject: Re: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc
- From: Helge Hess <helge dot hess at skyrix dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:59:54 +0100
- Cc: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>,'Matthias Klose' <doko at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com, ovidiu at cup dot hp dot com
- Organization: http://www.skyrix.com
- References: <140D21516EC2D3119EE700902787664401E3A83E@hplex1.hpl.hp.com> <3A65E7BE.6E6AD1D2@appnet.com>
Jeff Sturm wrote:
> I believe the java frontend always maintains base pointers to live objects, not
> sure about objc.
ObjC is much more 'free' in how you manage the object's memory. But in
practice you also always use base pointers to live objects (at least
when using the Foundation kit).
SKYRIX Software AG http://www.skyrix.com/