This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc
- To: Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu at cup dot hp dot com>
- Subject: Re: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 17 Jan 2001 10:34:42 -0700
- Cc: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>, "'Helge Hess'" <helge dot hess at skyrix dot com>, "'Matthias Klose'" <doko at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200101170841.AAA19713@hercules.linux.bogus>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Ovidiu" == Ovidiu Predescu <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Ovidiu> As you pointed out, I think we should set the
Ovidiu> ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS and enable the threading as it doesn't
Ovidiu> seem to add a substantial overhead.
What Hans proposed is making ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS a runtime option
and not a compile time option. I think simply enabling it by default
would entail a performance hit for Java. I'd rather not enable it
until the appropriate change is made.