This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc
- To: Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu at cup dot hp dot com>
- Subject: Re: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:24:29 +1100
- Cc: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>, "'Helge Hess'" <helge dot hess at skyrix dot com>, "'Matthias Klose'" <doko at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <140D21516EC2D3119EE700902787664401E3A83E@hplex1.hpl.hp.com> <200101170841.AAA19713@hercules.linux.bogus>
On 17-Jan-2001, Ovidiu Predescu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I briefly looked in the GCC source code: is the garbage collector itself
> distributed with GCC? I couldn't find it anywhere; am I missing something?
Yes, it is in the `boehm-gc' directory.
But only in recent snapshots, not in e.g. 2.95.*, I think.
Fergus Henderson <email@example.com> | "I have always known that the pursuit
| of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.