RE: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc

I expect the Java library will almost always be built with thread support.
This currently implies a small to moderate performance hit if you don't use
it, and you currently have to link against libpthread.  Once the parallel GC
is imported, it does have the advantage that performance on a multiprocessor
may even be slightly better than for the thread-unsafe version, since the
collector itself uses more than one processor.

Hans