RE: ObjC configured --with-objc-gc needs external Boehm gc

I can't think of any fundamental problems.  I suspect Objective C normally
wants the collector built to recognize all interior pointers, where gcj
builds it without that option, so that interior pointers are recognized only
if they're on a stack.  This is currently a build time option, but that
probably doesn't save very much anymore over making it a runtime option.

Does Objective C normally use the collector with thread support?

There are probably also other issues with the build process.  Tom Tromey can
probably comment on those.

Hans