Re: -O2 failure with new ABI patches

Jeff Sturm wrote:

> With the latest patches I can no longer compile with -O2:
>
> gcj --main=tcl.lang.Shell -L. -ljacl -Wl,-rpath `pwd` -o jaclsh
> ./libjacl.so: undefined reference to `LJv0.0'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [jaclsh] Error 1
>
> This affects both libjava and my application code.  (Without -O2, I haven't
> noticed any regressions yet.)

I've been having this problem for ever. IIRC, it seems to have something to do
with the static allocated arrays. Are you sure this is a new ABI regression?
It goes away if you give the compiler class files to compile against (ie still
compiling from .java source, but also having .class versions which the
compiler uses for dependencies).

regards

  [ bryce ]