This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
arrays -vs- reflection
- To: Java Discuss List <java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: arrays -vs- reflection
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 14 Jan 2001 18:07:15 -0700
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
About the recent discussion of arrays and their reflection data: an
array can't have the same method data as Object. That's because an
array's clone() method is public while Object.clone() is protected.
The fact that we need this is disguised by PR 1261 (which I was
working on today).