This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: [cygnus.egcs] GCC 3.0 Branch and Call For Volunteers
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Subject: Re: [cygnus.egcs] GCC 3.0 Branch and Call For Volunteers
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Date: 14 Jan 2001 15:41:37 -0800
- Cc: Java Discuss List <java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <email@example.com><3A623115.D79CCB03@albatross.co.nz>
Bryce McKinlay <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I don't think we need to be too strict about Java changes leading up to
> the release, at least for the runtime side. Certainly, big low level
> things like major classloader changes or the hash sync stuff could
> probibly wait till post-3.0, but in general I think most all fixes and
> updates for libgcj should go onto both the branch and the trunk until
> maybe a few days before the release.
The Gcc 3 release manager (Mark Mitchell) has declared a feature
freeze starting tonight. That basically means only bug-fixes.
What is a "bug" can be discussed, and Mark might be more willing
accept late Java-only changes than (say) back-end changes,
but he makes the decions as to what goes into the release branch.