Re: [cygnus.egcs] GCC 3.0 Branch and Call For Volunteers

Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz> writes:

> I don't think we need to be too strict about Java changes leading up to
> the release, at least for the runtime side. Certainly, big low level
> things like major classloader changes or the hash sync stuff could
> probibly wait till post-3.0, but in general I think most all fixes and
> updates for libgcj should go onto both the branch and the trunk until
> maybe a few days before the release.

The Gcc 3 release manager (Mark Mitchell) has declared a feature
freeze starting tonight.  That basically means only bug-fixes.
What is a "bug" can be discussed, and Mark might be more willing
accept late Java-only changes than (say) back-end changes,
but he makes the decions as to what goes into the release branch.
--
	--Per Bothner