This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Thread.interrupt
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:36:23 +1300
- CC: Java Discuss List <java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Tromey wrote:
> I saw this in posix-threads.cc:_Jv_ThreadInterrupt():
> // Interrupt blocking system calls using a signal.
> // pthread_kill (data->thread, INTR);
> Doesn't commenting this out mean that Thread.interrupt() will no
> longer interrupt I/O operations?
Yes, I did that because it didn't work at the time, and I wasn't really
sure of the exact semantics we need to implement for blocking I/O. I do
think that it should go back in if we're reasonably sure it will work
the way its supposed to. Compatibility with other unix implementations
[ bryce ]