Re: Thread.interrupt

Tom Tromey wrote:

> I saw this in posix-threads.cc:_Jv_ThreadInterrupt():
>
>       // Interrupt blocking system calls using a signal.
>     //  pthread_kill (data->thread, INTR);
>
> Doesn't commenting this out mean that Thread.interrupt() will no
> longer interrupt I/O operations?

Yes, I did that because it didn't work at the time, and I wasn't really
sure of the exact semantics we need to implement for blocking I/O. I do
think that it should go back in if we're reasonably sure it will work
the way its supposed to. Compatibility with other unix implementations
seems reasonable.

regards

  [ bryce ]