This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
- To: Java Discuss List <java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Thread.interrupt
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 13 Jan 2001 12:42:38 -0700
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
I saw this in posix-threads.cc:_Jv_ThreadInterrupt():
// Interrupt blocking system calls using a signal.
// pthread_kill (data->thread, INTR);
Doesn't commenting this out mean that Thread.interrupt() will no
longer interrupt I/O operations?
This came up while I was looking at PR 1351.
I could change _Jv_select to throw InterruptedIOException, and I
probably will, but this is less useful if Thread.interrupt() doesn't
actually interrupt the I/O.