Re: "This configuration is not supported ..."

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2001, Joe Buck <jbuck@racerx.synopsys.com> wrote:
>
> > However, the compiler bootstraps OK.  Why these messages, and what is
> > missing?
>
> Java had been disabled by default until it became compatible with the
> v3 ABI.  I think the compatibility bits are already in, so it's
> probably ok to re-enable it, right?

Alex's V3 ABI changes arn't in yet. There's one small issue that still
needs to be resolved. Once the changes are in, we'll enable libgcj for
linux platforms. Other platforms can be enabled once they're working
again.

> Anyway, even after this change, you'll still see that libchill is
> disabled, because the Chill language is disabled by default.  Maybe
> languages disabled by default shouldn't cause such a message to be
> printed?

Sounds reasonable to me. The "configuration not supported" message
certainly doesn't seem appropriate for the libgcj case...

regards

  [ bryce ]