Re: Args list too long

Tom Tromey wrote:
> Can we distinguish between these sorts of objects and the dll?  That
> is, make the package-private symbols non-public in the dll even though
> they are visible outside the object at link time?  It seems like this
> must be possible.

Yes, text and data symbols could be public but not exported.  That would allow
references from other object files in the same DLL, but prevent references from
outside the DLL.  That's not a bad compromise, actually... if we export only
public or protected symbols that'll shorten link/relocation times somewhat.

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@commerceone.com