This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Args list too long
- To: "Bradley A. Smith" <yeldar at home dot com>
- Subject: Re: Args list too long
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 11 Jan 2001 10:16:28 -0700
- Cc: <java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
Bradley> I have been unable to build the 20001225 snapshot on Irix
Bradley> because of the "args list too long" error when linking the
Bradley> libgcj.la library. I believe this problem has been
Bradley> encountered in the past. Does anyone know the solution to
Bradley> this problem?
Offhand I don't know a great solution. One fix might be to have
libjava/Makefile create a bunch of smaller shared libraries which are
then linked together to form libgcj.so.