This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: --main and static libs
- To: jeff dot sturm at commerceone dot com
- Subject: Re: --main and static libs
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 10 Jan 2001 11:52:31 -0700
- Cc: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3A5B5506.B3E893BD@appnet.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Sturm <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jeff> That works well only if libjacl is a shared object. If it is a
Jeff> static archive, it fails to resolve tcl::lang::Shell::class$
Jeff> because of the order gcj passes its arguments to ld. My
Jeff> workaround is to run jvgenmain alone:
Jeff> Anybody think this is a bug? I tried to look at it.
Jeff> Unfortunately I do not understand what toplev.c is doing well
I think it is a bug. That command line looks perfectly reasonable to
If you want to debug it you'll probably have more luck by looking at
when lang_specific_pre_link() is called and seeing what goes wrong
there. That is where the decision is made.
Otherwise, just submit a PR.