Re: --main and static libs

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@appnet.com> writes:

Jeff> That works well only if libjacl is a shared object.  If it is a
Jeff> static archive, it fails to resolve tcl::lang::Shell::class$
Jeff> because of the order gcj passes its arguments to ld.  My
Jeff> workaround is to run jvgenmain alone:

Jeff> Anybody think this is a bug?  I tried to look at it.
Jeff> Unfortunately I do not understand what toplev.c is doing well
Jeff> enough.

I think it is a bug.  That command line looks perfectly reasonable to
me.

If you want to debug it you'll probably have more luck by looking at
when lang_specific_pre_link() is called and seeing what goes wrong
there.  That is where the decision is made.

Otherwise, just submit a PR.