Re: Freenet compilation errors.

"Mark J. Roberts" wrote:

> Here's another test case, for a different bug:
>
> import java.net.URL;
> import java.net.URLConnection;
>
> public class URLBug {
>     public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception {
>         URLConnection uc = (URLConnection) (new URL("http://127.0.0.1/index.html")).openConnection();
>
>         uc.setDoInput(true);
>         uc.setDoOutput(true);
>
>         if (uc.getDoInput()) System.out.println("Does input.");
>         if (uc.getDoOutput()) System.out.println("Does output.");
>     }
> }

Thanks. I see that Anthony has checked in a fix for this already. In the case of library bugs like this,
the fixing is often quite easy - unlike the compiler which has a steep learning curve. So you should
feel free to submit patches ;-)

BTW, In the case of our http connection code, it should be noted that the current implementation is
rather minimal. It works, but doesn't support things like HTTP/1.1, Redirects, etc that Sun's
implementation does; and probibly hasn't been tested exensivly with apps that do more than basic gets.
We'd be very happy if someone with a bit of http knowledge and a desire for a good-quality
implementation were to update or rewrite it...

regards

  [ bryce ]