This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: New C++ ABI: patches.
- To: apbianco at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: New C++ ABI: patches.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 07 Jan 2001 16:34:24 -0700
- Cc: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200101071950.LAA24951@deliverance.cygnus.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
Ok, my theory about updating NUM_OBJECT_METHODS was just wrong. The
beauty of the current plan is that you *don't* have to update it.
However, I notice you added the new methods to Object. I think they
need to be added to _JvObjectPrefix, before the finalize() method.
Otherwise they won't (I think -- you'd have to check) end up in the
right place in the vtable.
Also, suppose the user makes a virtual function named `nacd_1'. This
is unlikely, I admit. But won't this cause problems if the signatures
One approach is to do this:
virtual void nacd_1 (void);
virtual void nacd_2 (void);
class java::lang::Object : protected _JvObjectPrefix
In this case you have to remember to move finalize() from its position
in Object up to the top (order matters) and update the comment before