This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Freenet compilation errors.
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Freenet compilation errors.
- From: "Mark J. Roberts" <mjr at statesmean dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:32:39 -0600 (CST)
- cc: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
On 6 Jan 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Your source files are probably encoded using Latin-1. If that's the
> case you have to explicitly tell gcj when compiling:
> gcj --encoding=8859_1 ...
This works fine, and the errors stop, but then this error occurs:
cc1: Unrecognized option `-fencoding=8859_1'
Is this a bug? A similar thing happened when I tried to do (and note the
"gcc") "gcc -o HelloWorld --main=HelloWorld HelloWorld.java" -- it errored
jc1: Unrecognized option `-fmain=Test'
which is slightly different. Looks like the options are being munged
incorrectly between programs.