This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Freenet compilation errors.
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Subject: Re: Freenet compilation errors.
- From: "Mark J. Roberts" <mjr at statesmean dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 22:33:34 -0600 (CST)
- cc: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> > > I'm asking
> > > our local Java Gods what's up with the three super()/this errors.
> > This one is definatly a bug in gcj. Its illegal to use a classes own "this" before calling the superclass constructor, however it should be perfectly okay to reference a "this"
> > from an enclosing context. I'm going to look into this.
> I submitted a patch for this which is awaiting approval:
> Please try this and let me know if it fixes the problem you were seeing.