Re: Freenet compilation errors.

On 6 Jan 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> It's easier for us if you submit separate bug reports for each sort of
> bug.
>
> In this case I don't know what causes the "bad constant type" errors.
> I also can't explain the errors in FileData.java or
> FileDataProperties.java.  Maybe those are gcj bugs.

Yeah. I didn't want to omit anything that might be relevant.

> Our AWT implementation is still quite incomplete.  If your application
> requires AWT then it won't yet work with gcj.  The TextArea error in
> your build log also comes from this.

We don't even use that code anymore. It should be deleted. Sorry.

We never use anything Java 1.1 doesn't support, and AFAIK most of our code
is Java 1.0 compliant.

> Your source files are probably encoded using Latin-1.  If that's the
> case you have to explicitly tell gcj when compiling:
>
>     gcj --encoding=8859_1 ...

Thanks. We'll probably just remove the offending characters, though.

--
Mark Roberts
mjr@statesmean.com