This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
RE: Initial profiling results (was: Re: -O2 loop problems)
- To: "green at cygnus dot com" <green at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: RE: Initial profiling results (was: Re: -O2 loop problems)
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at detroit dot appnet dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:10:43 -0500 (EST)
- cc: "tromey at redhat dot com" <tromey at redhat dot com>, "'java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Anthony Green wrote:
> $ LD_PRELOAD=measure.so MONITORPROF_OUTPUT=output.txt MyProgram
> Then read output.txt. This one measures _Jv_MonitorEnter. (Thanks to Ulrich
> Drepper - my source of all things glibc-ish)
That's a nice trick. Thanks!
I wonder how portable the dlsym(RTLD_NEXT,...) usage is. That's a lot
cleaner than what boehm-gc is doing now to override dlopen().