Re: Newbie needs a little direction on SUN compile

Barry Ostroff writes:

> I've decided I clearly don't know what's up and I'm working way too
> hard on this.  So, any ideas?  Did my configure really work (it
> detected sparc-sun-solaris2.7)?

This looks like a transient compiler (backend, nothing Java specific
AFAICT) problem. Did you search/ask `gcc@gcc.gnu.org' and
`gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org'? You might want to try the latest and greatest
out of CVS, or the next snapshot.

Note that we used to build and run the Java toolchain on Solaris, but
the recently unified tree aren't building really well (AFAICR,)
because there are some threading configury issues. Now, I've seen Mike
Stump seemingly going past the point of failure I witnessed and hacked
on when I was working on the trees integration. I mentioned it and we
eventually (at the time) decided to give up, deciding that Solaris
could wait. Sorry :-(

./A