This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Segment Register thread descriptor (was Re: Jv_AllocBytesChec ked)
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Segment Register thread descriptor (was Re: Jv_AllocBytesChec ked)
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Date: 04 Jan 2001 21:02:10 -0800
- Cc: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>, "'Bryce McKinlay'" <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>, "'java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>, "MOSBERGER, DAVID (HP-PaloAlto,unix3)" <davidm at hpl dot hp dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- References: <140D21516EC2D3119EE700902787664401E3A7FE@hplex1.hpl.hp.com><email@example.com>
- Reply-To: drepper at cygnus dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> It looks like at least some of the atomicity.h files come from glibc.
This interface is not adequate. There is in fact no generally usable
interface I know of. Don't start thinking about something like this
before you have looked at all the existing architectures and read some
research papers about what we can expand in the near future.
---------------. ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Red Hat `--' drepper at redhat.com `------------------------