Re: Precise GC (was Re: cannot build libjava/gnu/gcj/xlib/natClip.cc)

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Using Thread.stop is usually a bad idea.  But sometimes it might make
> sense.  Some application writers have a lot of knowledge about what
> their application is doing, particularly on embedded systems.

For embedded systems, there actually is a very clean solution to
asynchronous cancellation (which can probably be used for standard
java application too):
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr001/rtj.pdf
page 119+

And I'm sure that sooner or later, sombody will implement
theses javax.realtime classes, it's pretty straightforward,
especially with CNI.

Cedric