This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Segment Register thread descriptor (was Re: Jv_AllocBytesChecked)
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Subject: Re: Segment Register thread descriptor (was Re: Jv_AllocBytesChecked)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 03 Jan 2001 17:57:31 -0700
- Cc: Jeff Sturm <jeff dot sturm at appnet dot com>, "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>, "'java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <140D21516EC2D3119EE700902787664401E3A7DC@hplex1.hpl.hp.com> <3A43F0C4.AB38213D@appnet.com> <3A4FCB17.E6743D67@albatross.co.nz> <3A4FE3C0.E1AEB2E2@albatross.co.nz>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
Bryce> Could we just grab the entire linuxthreads sysdeps directory
Bryce> and stick it in libjava to get its compare_and_swap definitions
Bryce> and THREAD_SELF macros? Then we won't even need to worry about
Bryce> writing special code for different architectures - at least for
Bryce> linux platforms.
The only concerns I have are licensing and divergence (== maintenance).