This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
RE: gcj and gcc build instructions inconsistent
- To: "Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa" <avm3 at cdc dot gov>
- Subject: RE: gcj and gcc build instructions inconsistent
- From: Warren Levy <warrenl at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:48:35 -0800 (PST)
- cc: "'tromey at redhat dot com'" <tromey at redhat dot com>, java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa wrote:
> Can you put a link to:
> somewhere on the site? perhaps at:
Hmm, it already is on most pages (on the left hand side, under the
Download link). The page you cite is perhaps one of the few pages without
the list of quick links on the left.
> The section "How to get it" now reads:
> <p>The new Java front end is very easy to download and install. Since
> it is it fully integrated into GCC, you can simply follow the <a
> href="http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html">GCC download and build
> instructions</a>. Note that you'll want to configure GCC to use the
> appropriate threads system; see <a
> href="libgcj2.html">the libgcj page</a> for details.
> Perhaps you should add at the end:
> Note that you'll want to configure GCC to build libjava; see
> <a href="build-snapshot.html">configuration and build instructions
> for GCJ</a>.
Some of these pages are pretty out of date (esp. the gcj2.html and
libgcj2.html pages). I'll update them today and incorporate a link to the
build instructions as you suggest.