RE: gcj and gcc build instructions inconsistent

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa wrote:

> Can you put a link to:
>
>   http://sources.redhat.com/java/build-snapshot.html
>
> somewhere on the site? perhaps at:
>
>   http://sources.redhat.com/java/gcj2.html

Hmm, it already is on most pages (on the left hand side, under the
Download link).  The page you cite is perhaps one of the few pages without
the list of quick links on the left.

> The section "How to get it" now reads:

>   it is it fully integrated into GCC, you can simply follow the <a
>   href="http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html">GCC download and build
>   instructions</a>.  Note that you'll want to configure GCC to use the
>   appropriate threads system; see <a
>   href="libgcj2.html">the libgcj page</a> for details.
>
> Perhaps you should add at the end:
>
>   Note that you'll want to configure GCC to build libjava; see
>   for GCJ</a>.

Some of these pages are pretty out of date (esp. the gcj2.html and
libgcj2.html pages).  I'll update them today and incorporate a link to the
build instructions as you suggest.

Thanks!
--warrenl