Re: libgcj.spec install problem

I don't understand the instructions.

Step 4

For convenience, here are the step 4 instructions
   Have a look at the toplevel configure.in (gcc/configure.in) and
   make sure that the variable `noconfigdirs' isn't assigned to
   something (like target-libjava or ${libgcj}.)

   Also, check for platform-specific assignments of `noconfigdirs' with
   ${libgcj}; if ${libgcj} is listed for your platform, remove it before
   configuring

These three lines are in the top-level configure.in file
        i[3456]86-*-solaris2*)
        noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
        ;;

Do I want to comment them out and configure again?

Step 5
The 'as' and 'ld' on my system are both in /usr/ccs/bin/.  Do I need to
download the gnu versions?

Scott Durrant
Human Genetics
University of Utah