Re: internal error - SP mismatch

Tom Tromey wrote:

> >> Or, you can try using gcc-2.95.2 with the latest libgcj
>
> James> By "latest libgcj" do you mean the stable 2.95.1 version or the
> James> one at the head of the CVS repository?  Assuming you mean the
> James> former, I'm gonna go try that now.
>
> The rule is: gcj and libgcj must match.
> gcc 2.95.1 and gcc 2.95.2 match libgcj 2.95.1.
> the cvs gcc matches the cvs libgcj
>   (except the cvs gcc is broken)
> gcc 2.95.2 + Bryce's "back porting" patch matches the cvs libgcj
>   (except there are bugs)

Ok. Gotcha.

- Use the stable 2.95.2 gcc version.
- Grab libgcj from CVS (using the tag `pre-cni-catch-change' says Bryce's
web page)
- Apply the patches to gcc & libgcj
- Cross fingers
- make
- test

So far I'm about to start crossing my fingers.  It'll probably be a while
before I know anything one way or another.

> James> As a newcomer... I'd vote for a note that says which snapshots
> James> work with which gcc.
>
> I agree this would be nice.  In practice no one seems to have time to
> do this consistently.

Oh, believe me, I know the feeling.  I fight those same battles with
myself and my co-developers on stuff that our boss is expecting us to
deliver!