Re: Interrupted IO and AWT

Jeff> I'd like to see real Java bindings in GTK and/or KDE so developers can
Jeff> write first class Java apps for those environments.  Then implement AWT
Jeff> and (possibly) Swing atop this native API to be compatibile with other
Jeff> Java applications.

I believe there is a Java/Gnome effort, which provides Java bindings
for Gtk and Gnome.  I haven't looked to see how hard it would be to
make it work with gcj.

I think this is a reasonable approach as well.  We still need AWT and
Swing for compatibility and for people who want to write "Java
portable" applicatoins.

This also opens up the possibly weird capability of writing a pure
Java AWT on top of the Java Gtk package.