It finally compiled! [Re: NewBie question: Segmentation faults]

I encountered teo problems during the compile:
    - The symbol inf in java/lang/Double.h was not defined so I just deleted
any reference to it in the file as in the Double.h from 2.95.1
    - The libffi library was not linked into libgcj.so. After looking around
for awhile, I found out that the libffi was not properly copied into the nof
directory. I copied it made a clean compile and it worked.
    - I compiled my HelloWorld program and it worked too (that moment was
pretty exhilirating :)

Now I compiled gdb-000220 and I still get the following error when running the
program:
Starting program: /home/adenis/java/HelloWorld
Don't know how to run.  Try "help target".

I compiled the program with:
gcj -g --main=HelloWorld -o HelloWorld HelloWorld.java
and:
gcj -g1 --main=HelloWorld -o HelloWorld HelloWorld.java

The gdb issue is not as important as the compiler issue (it would be nice to be
able to have a debugger but I could do without it). But I wanted to thank you
all for your patient help to a beginner,

Thanks,

Alexis