Re: Dynamic class loading

Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> writes:

> First we try to load a .so.  Then we try to find the .class file for
> the interpreter.  This choice was fairly arbitrary.

It appears to me that this decision should be delegated to the current
classloader, i.e. the class gnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader should do
the searching and call Runtime.loadLibrary accordingly.

With such a design, other programmers may implement arbitrary new
search mechanisms (such as loading a .dll from the net).

-- Kresten

 Kresten Krab Thorup           "I like my eggs ploded"
 Department of Computer Science, University of Aarhus
 Aabogade 34, DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
 +45 8942 5665 (office), +45 2343 4626 (mobile)