Re: cool hack

>> creche. gcj -shared -c -o HelloWorld.so HelloWorld.java

Jeff> (I thought the -c and -shared arguments were mutually exclusive?)

All I know is that it worked for me.

Jeff> Running gij is still the only way I know of to specify heap
Jeff> parameters to a compiled Java executable, since jvgenmain
Jeff> doesn't know about -ms and -mx.  You can also set properties at
Jeff> runtime with gij.

Good point.  I think any options like this should be supported by gcj
(it should pass them to jvgenmain), gij, and the JNI invocation API.
(Changing gij to use the invocation API might make sense -- it might
reduce the maintenance burden.)

Anyway, could you submit a PR for this specific case (-mx and -ms)?
That way we can at least track the problem.  I don't know when we'll
be able to fix it.