Re: libgcj, Win32 & dll's

Bryce McKinlay wrote:

> Jeff Sturm wrote:
>
> > Having reached a point where I can benefit from a native Win32 port of
> > libgcj, I scanned the archives to see what had been done... apparently
> > nothing that is complete, ready, tested.  There was/is a web site for
> > libgcj on Win32, though it appears to be unreachable.
>
> Jon Beniston was working on a native win32 port - his web page is at
> http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~jb7216/libgcj/
>
> Native win32 threads are working but there is no exceptions or java.net support
> yet. His port is based on libgcj 2.95.

Thanks.  Jon did get in touch with me.  His thread work was based on the
pthreads compatibility layer, as I understand it... I'd like to have a
native win32-threads if time ever permits.

Also exceptions seem to be OK now with SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS defined.  I have
a few other issues left that are really compiler bugs... if I get
java.net, threads and the GC working I'll be happy (if I ever get the
time that is).  Also, DLL support looks improbable right now.

--
Jeff Sturm
jsturm@sigma6.com