Re: More problems compiling libgcj on HP running HPUX 10.20

>> From a previous attempt at compiling, Tom Tromey told me not to use
>> --enable-interpreter since libffi is not supported on HP.

Boy, I don't remember that.  I didn't even know there wasn't an HP
port -- I had to look at the source today to make sure.

>> I am wondering if this file is absolutely needed for libgcj. If
>> not, is there some way during the configure that would leave this
>> file out of the compile if the interpreter is not enabled.

Here's the story: last week I wrote the remaining reflection support.
This support includes Method.invoke, which is implemented using
libffi.  Currently this code is not conditionally built; we just
assume that FFI exists.

I'd apply a patch that makes this code conditional.  I think you only
have to modify code in natMethod.cc and configure.in.  The idea would
be to make Method.invoke throw the appropriate exception when not
implemented.

Of course I'd much rather check in a patch to port libffi to the HP.