This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: _Jv_MonitorEnter interface confusion?
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Subject: Re: _Jv_MonitorEnter interface confusion?
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 09 Dec 2000 12:30:29 -0700
- Cc: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>, "'java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <140D21516EC2D3119EE700902787664401E3A79B@hplex1.hpl.hp.com> <3A3175CB.BF91672D@albatross.co.nz>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
Hans> This seems wrong. Should _Jv_MonitorEnter and _Jv_MonitorExit
Hans> return void and throw if necessary?
Bryce> I think you're right. The compiler also seems to treat them to
Bryce> be void functions.
Yeah, the current approach is bogus.