This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: _Jv_MonitorEnter interface confusion?
- To: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>
- Subject: Re: _Jv_MonitorEnter interface confusion?
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 12:59:07 +1300
- CC: "'java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <140D21516EC2D3119EE700902787664401E3A79B@hplex1.hpl.hp.com>
"Boehm, Hans" wrote:
> I don't think any of the callers actually test the result returned by
> _Jv_MonitorEnter and _Jv_MonitorExit.
> This seems wrong. Should _Jv_MonitorEnter and _Jv_MonitorExit return void
> and throw if necessary?
I think you're right. The compiler also seems to treat them to be void
[ bryce ]