This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: testing an integrated build
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: testing an integrated build
- From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:30:29 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>, java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20001207200757.A25196@disaster.jaj.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: apbianco at cygnus dot com
Tom Tromey writes:
> Phil> 1) deps.mk references a bunch of .d files which don't exist
> Phil> (commented out the Makefile's include statement to get around
> Phil> this)
> These should be created (as empty files) by libjava/configure. Why
> aren't they built for you?
I don't know. Once I worked around my thread problems, this is also
what I hit on Solaris. Actually, only one `.d' file gets created, I
never had a chance to find out why.
> Phil> 2) compiling Boolean.java gives me:
> Phil> /builddir/gcc/gcj -B/builddir/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libjava/
> Phil> -B/builddir/gcc/ -C -g -classpath
> Phil> /builddir/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libjava:/srcdir/libjava -d
> Phil> /builddir/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libjava java/lang/Boolean.java
> Phil> java/lang/Boolean.java:25: Blank static final variable `FALSE' may not have
> Phil> be initialized.
> Alex will have to speak to this one. I haven't seen this problem.
Well, I ran into it a few days ago, though on x86. This is our old
friend in `end_artificial_method_body' There's a work around, but I
want to work on this ASAP -- let me know if this fixes your build (it
would definitively confirm a gc problem.)
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/egcs/gcc/java/parse.y,v
retrieving revision 1.233
diff -u -p -r1.233 parse.y
--- parse.y 2000/12/06 20:02:02 1.233
+++ parse.y 2000/12/08 18:23:36
@@ -7200,7 +7200,8 @@ static void
- BLOCK_EXPR_BODY (DECL_FUNCTION_BODY (mdecl)) = exit_block ();
+ tree b = exit_block ();
+ BLOCK_EXPR_BODY (DECL_FUNCTION_BODY (mdecl)) = b