This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: testing an integrated build
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: testing an integrated build
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 08 Dec 2000 11:29:40 -0700
- Cc: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20001207200757.A25196@disaster.jaj.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Phil" == Phil Edwards <email@example.com> writes:
Phil> I'm using a unified GCC+libgcj source tree, current CVS for
Phil> both, on sparc-sun-solaris2.8, just to test the upcoming merge.
Phil> 1) deps.mk references a bunch of .d files which don't exist
Phil> (commented out the Makefile's include statement to get around
These should be created (as empty files) by libjava/configure. Why
aren't they built for you?
Phil> 2) compiling Boolean.java gives me:
Phil> /builddir/gcc/gcj -B/builddir/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libjava/
Phil> -B/builddir/gcc/ -C -g -classpath
Phil> /builddir/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libjava:/srcdir/libjava -d
Phil> /builddir/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libjava java/lang/Boolean.java
Phil> java/lang/Boolean.java:25: Blank static final variable `FALSE' may not have
Phil> be initialized.
Alex will have to speak to this one. I haven't seen this problem.